Keeping up with the ever-changing world of social media is challenging for any company, let alone a company specializing in digital services like Netbase. Keeping tabs on emerging platforms, user habits, and best practices requires significant time and effort—especially when your company is already juggling numerous other responsibilities. That’s why we built the NetbaseQuid Social Media Audit: a free resource to help anyone analyze their social media performance, identify growth opportunities, and develop an actionable plan to get there.
What is a NetbaseQuid Social Media Audit?
A social media audit allows examining your social media presence to identify strengths and challenges. NetbaseQuid is a free social media audit tool that gives you a complete view of your social media performance from various perspectives. It lets you assess your current social media efforts, identify opportunities for improvement, and develop an actionable plan for growing your social media presence.
NetbaseQuid guides you through three key steps: Audience Growth and Engagement, Organic Awareness, and Paid Advertising. Each step includes questions that help you understand how each social media channel performs, where it excels, and how it could be improved. The audit also provides a detailed social media dashboard that helps you track progress over time and keep tabs on your social media goals.
How to Determine Which of Your Social Channels Are Effective
The first step in the NetbaseQuid audit is assessing which of your social channels are most effective. This includes determining which channels you should prioritize and which ones you should avoid or shut down. You’ll want to consider three factors: audience growth, engagement, and organic awareness.
- Audience Growth and Engagement: This metric indicates the number of followers (or other users) and the level of engagement on each social channel. Leverage on the information to determine which channels are growing the fastest, where you should invest your time and energy, and which channels you should close or avoid.
- Organic Awareness Through Google Search: This metric indicates how many people discover your social channels through a Google search. It does not mean that your social channels are achieving high levels of organic awareness.
- Paid Advertising Effectiveness: This metric indicates your paid advertisements’ engagement and click-through rate. It also reveals the amount you’ve spent on ads, the amount you’ve earned from each ad, and the number of ad impressions your ads have received.
Determining Paid Advertising Effectiveness
The third step in the NetbaseQuid audit is determining the effectiveness of your paid advertising. This includes determining which ads are performing best, which ones aren’t working, and how much you’ve spent on ads. To do this, you’ll want to consider three factors: ad impressions, click-through rate, and cost per click.
- Ad Impressions: This metric indicates how many people have seen your ads. It doesn’t provide any information about which ads people view.
- Click-Through Rate: This metric indicates how many people click on your ads. It doesn’t indicate how many people see your ads or how much you spend on them.
- Cost Per Click: This metric indicates how much you spend to achieve a click-through rate. It doesn’t indicate how many ads are being shown or how many are being clicked.
A social media audit is a process of examining your social media presence to identify strengths and challenges. The NetbaseQuid audit uses questions about audience growth, engagement, and organic awareness to identify the strengths and weaknesses of your social channels. It also provides a detailed social media dashboard that lets you track progress over time and keep tabs on your social media goals.