Cowboy headwear is one of the most iconic western accessories that have stood the test of time. It is a prominent fashion item that conveys a story and has remained a part of history. You must learn the best ways of wearing cowboy hats if you are particular about your sense of style. Remember that there are different categories of cowboy hats, each of which has a distinct purpose and functionality. As a hat wearer, if you want to experiment with your look, you must know the ins and outs of cowboy hats and the best ways of selecting them.
- What are cowboy hats?
Cowboy hats also called western or cowgirl hats, are wide-brimmed headwear designed to protect ranchers, cattlemen, and laborers. The sun’s heated rays make it difficult for individuals to spend their day outside in the field. Hence, traditionally cowboy hats were designed for protection purposes only. Though people have used wide-brimmed headwear for many years, the modern-day cowboy hat is very different from the ones you used to get in the 1860s.
Initially, these got marketed full-fledged as the most traditional styles of cowboy hats. These were common among cattlemen, ranchers, and laborers. However, things have transformed, and today you have the fur felt headwear with a tall crown, straight sides, and a wide rim. These get designed to be waterproof, durable, and fashionable.
Hence, the functional aspect gets subsided by the aesthetic appeal.
Cowboy headgear has given its way to various styles, which include belt buckles, cowboy boots, and other cowboy materials. These have remained iconic accessories in the fashion world of the west.
- How will you pick your correct cowboy hat?
As already mentioned, various categories of cowboy hats are available. Hence, it is often overwhelming for hat wearers to select from among them. Since personal preferences differ, shoppers have a lot of difficulties when trying to style themselves with a prominent cowboy hat. There are a few significant points you must bear in mind, which are listed below:
- The head shape matters: When selecting the cowboy hat, pay attention to your head shape. Determining the face shape and head size is significant because every hat does not look the same on every individual. For example, if you have an oval-shaped face, you may select any category of a cowboy hat. However, the same is not the situation with those with long faces. For narrow-faced individuals, the tall crown headwear will only make them look absurd. Hence, they can go for the medium-height crown because that gives a balanced look. On the other hand, square-faced individuals can go for round crowns with curved brim. For added information, you may visit Americanhatmakers.com.
- Measure the head:To get the perfect fit, you must measure the charge. To discover the cowboy hat size, you must place a measuring tape on your head and get the measurement so you do not select an oversized hat. Cowboy hat manufacturers across the globe have published size charts, which can be reliable if you are not sure of your head size. You must contact the numbers correctly to find your cowboy hat’s perfect fit.
- Don’t forget the color:When choosing cowboy hats, you must pay attention to the paint. The color says a lot about your personality and sense of style. For example, if you are heading towards a formal gathering, then a black-colored cowboy hat will serve your purpose.
However, if you are going for a casual beach party, well-textured nude cowboy hats will serve your purpose.
- What can you wear with cowboy hats?
Cowboy hats are available in different styles, designs, and finishes. Some options are appropriate for an everyday look, whereas others are for special occasions. These are a few points you must bear in mind when trying to experiment with a cowboy hat. For example, if you want a modern look, you may wear black Chelsea boots that pair well with cowboy hats. Cowboy hats, as already mentioned, were traditionally worn with button-down shirts and blue jeans. However, people are wearing cowboy hats with ordinary shirts and trousers these days. Even that will make you look outstanding. You may also select cowboy hats with classic pieces of western wear like cowboy boots.
Styling head gears is easy if you know the rules of the fashion game. Cowboy hats, as already stated, have stood the test of time. They express western tradition and culture. Although there are several competitors of cowboy hats, the way the headwear has remained in fashion is commendable. Some take a lot of pride in wearing cowboy hats, and if you want to create a similar impression, you must develop a similar approach. You may wear black cowboy hats for formal events and straw cowboy hats for informal ones.
Also, read more about it from Feedhertothesharks.com.